About the Authors
- Dirk A Kleinjan, Ruth M Bancewicz, Philippe Gautier, Anne Seawright, Ann M Hever, Patricia L Yeyati, Veronica van Heyningen, Pedro Coutinho
- Medical Research Council (MRC) Human Genetics Unit, Western General Hospital, Edinburgh, United Kingdom
- Ralf Dahm, Helia B Schonthaler
- Department of Genetics, Max-Planck Institute for Developmental Biology, Tübingen, Germany
- Giuseppe Damante
- Department of Science and Biomedical Technology, University of Udine, Udine, Italy
The authors have declared that no competing interests exist.
DAK, RMB, VvH, and PC conceived and designed the experiments and analyzed the data with significant input by PLY. RMB carried out the mating and phenotype selection and confirmations for the mapping. DAK and PC developed the transgenic strategies and constructs and made and analyzed mouse and fish transgenics with help from AS. PC carried out mRNA rescue and morpholino experiments. PG and PC provided bioinformatics contributions. RD supplied the sunrise mutant and worked with HBS on the fish mapping. RD and PLY analyzed the fish eye phenotype. AMH analyzed the pancreas. GD conceived and carried out the mutant protein functional analyses. VvH wrote the paper.