About the Authors
- Pamela Kanellis, Mark Gagliardi, Rachel K Szilard, Shinichiro Nakada, Sarah Galicia, Frederic D Sweeney, Daniel Durocher
- Samuel Lunenfeld Research Institute, Mount Sinai Hospital, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Pamela Kanellis, Frederic D Sweeney, Daniel Durocher
- Department of Medical Genetics and Microbiology, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Judit P Banath, Peggy L Olive
- British Columbia Cancer Research Centre, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
- Diane C Cabelof
- Karmanos Cancer Institute, Detroit, Michigan, United States of America
The authors have declared that no competing interests exist.
PK and DD conceived and designed the experiments, except for the FACS analysis of γ-H2AX, which was designed by PLO, and uracil quantitation, which was designed with DCC. PK performed all the yeast-related experiments except for the examination of Rad53 activity, which was done with the help of FDS. MG examined the formation of 53BP1 foci in response to 4-DP and examined the activation of the checkpoint response by Western blotting. JB quantitated γ-H2AX formation by flow cytometry. RKS mapped the breakpoints by CGH. SN examined the levels of apoptosis in response to 4-DP. SG performed some of the GCR assays. DCC determined uracil content in genomic DNA. PK and DD wrote the paper with valued input from RKS, DCC, and PLO.